The Mesa Grande Band of Mission Indians is accepting applications for the positions below. This job posting is open to the Mesa Grande Community exclusively through June 19, 2017. Positions will be filled upon acceptable receipt of application, interview, and passing of standard drug test.
Tribal Crew – Brush/Weed Abatement:
This Project will utilize Tribal funds for employment of a crew of 2-3 Mesa Grande Community members, to abate excess plant growth around Tribal homes, offices and structures, roads and waterways on any Tribal property location.
Reports to: Tribal Office Manager and the Tribal Facilities Maintenance Technician
Pay Rate: $14 per hour
Temporary position lasting approximately 6-8 weeks
Part time – maximum 20 hours per week
No fringe benefits offered
- Utilize power tools including weed whackers, mowers, and various hand tools to remove excess brush and dead plant material from around Tribal homes, buildings and structures.
- May require lifting and transporting debris of 20-40 pounds.
- Positions require usage of safety equipment including mandatory boots along with eye and ear protection.
- Crew must put safety first when using tools, hydrate when working in the sun, continuously watch for snakes, be mindful of fire danger, and careful not to spark when using tools.
- NO brush or debris burning and NO using chainsaws without prior authorization.
- Crew must be sensitive to home and business occupants and must use caution to care for tools and property of the Tribe and others.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Job requires holding and utilizing weed whacker for extended periods, bending and using hand tools and moving debris up to 40 pounds
- Requires use of safety equipment, goggles, gloves, ear protection, boots, hard hats, masks
- Requires general knowledge of use and care of hand tools and power tools
- If Tribal vehicles are used applicant must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must pass standard drug test and strictly adhere to drug-free workplace policy
Submit application, request for interview and request for drug test at Mesa Grande Tribal Office (760) 782-3818.
Job Application: Job Application for Tribal Members